The Community Links Programme is a grant scheme run by Sustrans Scotland and provides funding for the creation of cycling network infrastructure for everyday journeys. It is a key element in Sustrans Scotland’s commitment to meeting the vision of the Cycling Action Plan for Scotland (CAPS) of 10% of trips by bike by 2020.
The Community Links Program undertook 63 projects in 2011/12 and 99 projects in 2012/13. In 2013/14 we have committed to over 100 projects.
It is Sustrans’ aim to continue the programme through the next two years and direct the majority of funding towards innovative and imaginative large scale projects.
Objectives of the Community Links Programme:
- Link the places people live in with the places they want to get to
- Encourage people to cycle or use another active mode on everyday journeys and increase cycling modal share
- Meet an identified community need and demand.
Eligible projects will:
- Improve the infrastructure for cycling and walking
- Have an identified community demand
- Provide at least 50% of the funding from other sources.
Only Local Authorities and Statutory Bodies can apply directly to Sustrans for funding. Community Groups should liaise with their Local Authority who can apply on their behalf.