The Community Links Programme is a grant scheme run by Sustrans Scotland and provides funding for the creation of walking and cycling infrastructure for everyday journeys. It is a key element in Sustrans Scotland’s commitment to meeting the vision of the Cycling Action Plan for Scotland (CAPS) of 10% of trips by bike by 2020.
A new criteria document and application guidance document will be released in early December for the next Community Links funding round (2015/16). Applications for the next funding round can be submitted from mid December 2014. The deadline for applications will be at 13:00 on 14th February 2015.
It is Sustrans’ aim to continue the programme and direct the majority of funding towards innovative and imaginative projects.
Objectives of the Community Links Programme are to:
- Encourage people to cycle or use another active travel mode on everyday journeys and increase cycling modal share
- Meet an identified community need and demand
- Link the places people live in with the places they want to get to
- To encourage innovation where relevant in new infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of cyclists (and other active travel modes
- Placemaking schemes that evidence future modal shift to cycling and other active travel modes
Eligible projects will:
- Improve the infrastructure for cycling and walking
- Provide at least 50% of the funding from other sources.
 Wider urban realm schemes inclusive of all users in line with policies outlined in Designing Streets guidance